Chicago is the transportation and business hub for much of the midwest. Mayor Lightfoot is committed to attracting new businesses—large and small—and creating an environment that supports and sustains entrepreneurs who make Chicago their home.
- Under the Mayor’s leadership, Chicago has:
- Attracted some 172 businesses to either relocate to Chicago or expand their business here, including Kimberly Clark, John Deere, Cisco, Tegus and The Scion Group.
- Grown Chicago’s start-up scene, with the industry amassing more than $1 billion more in investments in 2021 compared to 2020.
- Hit an all time venture capital funding record—$7.9 billion in 2021 alone.
- Passed the #ChiBizStrong initiative, which cuts cumbersome regulations, provides real support to small businesses, and expands protections for workers. The program provided more than $10 million to small businesses hit hard by COVID-19.
- Expanded the most internationally connected airport in the U.S. and the number one port in the nation—O’Hare Airport.
Explore More Issues
PAID FOR BY LIGHTFOOT FOR CHICAGO