Mayor Lightfoot is committed to making Chicago the most welcoming city in the nation for undocumented immigrants and refugees.
The Mayor and her team:
- Worked with City Council to remove all carve-outs from Chicago’s Welcoming City Ordinance and end local police collaboration with ICE.
- Terminated ICE access to citywide databases.
- Increased funding for free legal immigration services and rights education to Chicago residents.
- Issued an executive order ensuring that all benefits, opportunities, and services provided by the city are accessible to all residents, regardless of birth country or citizenship status.
- Created the first Immigrants and Refugee Rights Committee in City Council.
Explore More Issues
PAID FOR BY LIGHTFOOT FOR CHICAGO